What is Cookhouse Labs?
Inspired by a test kitchen, Cookhouse Labs is a collaborative space for innovative chefs, Tastemakers and taste-testers to create recipes, infuse flavours, and experiment beyond boundaries. Our community of innovators and insurance experts is the key ingredient in the ideation process, empowering and integrating a global collection of ideas with Design Thinking to serve innovation in the insurance industry. Learn more about us here!
Who can join Tastemakers?
We welcome insurance and reinsurance experts, financial services professionals, entrepreneurs and academics (including students!) from around the globe to join in developing solutions for current and future insurance/InsurTech challenges.
How can I use Tastemakers?
Tastemakers is a dedicated space for insurance innovators to:
- Innovate around current and upcoming global industry challenges
- Collaborate to ideate potential solutions to existing shared challenges
- Network with other experts around the world
- Expand your knowledge and express your creativity
How can I create an account on Tastemakers?
- Click the orange “Sign Up” button on the top-right of the web page
- Fill out the required fields to create an account; we recommend using a personal email account to ensure you receive the verification link!
- Check your email inbox for the verification link — if you’re using a work email address, please check your Spam/Junk folders
- Once you’ve verified your email address, you can now create a profile, submit an idea, and engage with other innovators in the community!
What are the challenges?
Click on any of the 3 challenges below to get started:
- How can insurers make sustainability changes and do something practical to implement?
- How can insurers increase awareness on sustainability to foster and incentivize individual and collective actions for internal stakeholders, policyholders, and external partners?
- How can insurers do sustainable business, create truly sustainable propositions, and provide full transparency about it?
What languages are used in Tastemakers?
The language used in Tastemakers for all open collaboration communication is English. For internal organization challenges, we are happy to make modifications to fit the organization’s preferred language. Please get in touch with us to chat more about how we can set up a challenge for you and your team!
What is the duration of this challenge?
This challenge is open to the crowd between June 29 and October 31, 2022.
How can I contribute an idea?
Between June 29 and October 31, 2022, you will be able to share as many solution ideas as you’d like!
To contribute an idea:
- Click on the specific challenge you would like to tackle
- Click the orange "Submit Idea” button that appears on the right-hand side of the challenge
- You will be taken to a form with several fields, including idea title, image, description, and file attachments
- When you have all this information available, it only takes 5 minutes to upload your idea and click “Submit” — remember, you can continue to edit your ideas until October 31!
How can I engage with other innovators’ ideas?
All community members are invited to engage with the ideas shared on the platform — here’s how:
- Click on the specific challenge you’re interested in
- When you scroll down, you’ll see the “Latest Ideas” section
- Select the specific idea you want to read more about
- Scroll down to access the “Like”, “Vote” (stars), and “Comments” section for each idea
- Share your input in this space — remember to be respectful and positive in your comments!
When will Cookhouse Labs announce the selected ideas?
In Phase 3 of our sustainability initiative, our sprint project team will gather in The Netherlands from November 22 to 25, 2022, and review all ideas submitted. The team will select the specific idea(s) to further develop into an MVP and business case during the project days — we will announce which ideas have been selected during this timeframe!
Who do I contact for support with Tastemakers?
If you have any questions about the platform or require technical support, please reach out to Insiya Meherally, our Community Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do I contact if I want to suggest a future Tastemakers crowdsourcing challenge?
We welcome your input — please email our Community Manager, Insiya Meherally, at email@example.com to discuss your ideas for future challenges!